Sunday 27 July 2014

Just an infatuation....

I came out of the room grumbling. The authorities were handling my documents very roughly and the pile was in a mess. "Anyway," I thought, "Now that I had submitted it to them, it was their responsibility." I walked out of the corridor door and tried calling on of my seniors. He had said that he would be in the college campus. It was his college and I was there for submitting my documents for admission. The interview was scheduled for next week.
The phone rang and rang and rang, he didn't pick up. I waited for a while.
My phone said, "1 new message."
"In class. Carry on. We will meet next time."

I turned towards the pathway.
"Excuse me!"
"Sweet voice," I thought.
I rotated 90 degrees.
"Are you from this city?" she asked.
"Yes..." I said.
"Did you get the domicile certificate?"
I was staring at her face.
"uh.... yes yes I did," I said.
"For how many years have they given it?"
"hmm.. for.. for.. about 5 years," I dont know why i wasn't confident.
"I have stayed here since the past 15 years but still got only for 5 years," she said.
"That's the format. They give only for five years" I said confidently.
"Oh is it? then its fine" and she gave a smile and kept looking at me.
I returned back the smile, gathered some courage and asked, "What's your name?"
She told hers and asked mine, I told mine.
"See you then, I have to go and submit all my papers. she said and left.
As I walked out of the campus, her face, voice and accent were still lingering in my mind. I looked up the interview call list and found out her full name. I don't know why.

It was the first day of the interview. I looked for her and couldn't find her. I found myself in group 3 but couldn't see her name under the same group on the notice board. I was sure I hadn't seen it properly and just ran through the names. "There were 7 groups and hence the probability of she being in my group was 1/7," I calculated. Just before the prayer started, she walked in. She saw me and she smiled. I didn't expect that. She came and stood in front of me. I realized the event had favoured the probability of 1/7.
So for the next two days, we were assigned many many tasks. Surprisingly, and subgroup which was made always had both of us together. We talked a lot, got to know each other well, noticed and laughed over the fact of we being in the same group all the time. At the end of two days, we looked at each other. We knew that we had a strong bond built between us just in two days. I asked her mobile number and she gave. As I walked out of the campus, I summarized to myself what all I knew about her.

  • She was a combination of all the good points I had seen in separate people. One of my friends is very beautiful, another has a sweet voice, another had an excellent accent, another was caring and considerate. She had all these qualities together in her.
  •  She was two years older to me.
  • She was a celebrity!!! She had told me, "Few commercials, one reality show, a rejected film offer and few modelling sessions!" 
"Oh my God!" I thought to myself. I looked up her name on Facebook. She had her own fan-page! With over a thousand likes! "This lady's damn popular, but so humble and gentle."

When the results were out, I was in, she wasn't. I couldn't understand how. She had done better than me. I called her up, consoled her and from then on, we talk a lot on calls, texts and chats.

I know this isn't anything more than an infatuation because love at first sight is just fiction according to me....
Whatever it is, friendship is what i believe in. Strengthening it, turning it into a different kind should happen automatically and mutually.....





No comments:

Post a Comment